Via: Immersive Education - Krucible: Science Learning Software That Brings Physics Concept To Life
What is Krucible?
Some science concepts can be difficult to explain – and even harder to illustrate practically in-class. But by using real-time simulation, Krucible’s virtual laboratories bring physics to life.
The topic areas covered include: Waves, Energy and Forces.
Learners can run their own virtual experiments on-screen, taking measurements and plotting results, or explore 300 prepared activities and challenges – all in real time.
Krucible lets students see, explore and understand key science concepts that are difficult, or impossible, to illustrate in a practical real-world context. Combining virtual experiments and problem-solving challenges, Krucible’s virtual laboratories dramatically illustrate the physical effect and impact of a variety of fundamental scientific phenomena.
Krucible calls on predictive reasoning, observational, estimation and dexterity skills. Since the simulations arerun in real-time, the results are visible as they happen – sometimes as expected, sometimes taking students by surprise.
Krucible in use
Krucible’s four virtual laboratories create a perfect environment for learning and investigation. The graphically rich, 3D simulations instantly engage pupils of all ages. Students can:
• use Krucible Energy to simulate balls moving on a surface, to explore topics including gravity, friction and momentum
• use Krucible Hovercraft to simulate a vehicle on a surface; they can adjust rudders, airfl ow and experiment with controls
• use Krucible Forces to simulate objects moving weightlessly in space; by applying different forces, they can see how motion is affected
• use Krucible Waves to simulate a water ripple tank and explore topics including reflection and refraction
• plot experiment simulation data with a dynamic graph plotter
• use an experiments note pad to record observations
• save and share experimental outcomes
• browse over 300 activities