eInstruction™ to give away over $75,000 in Classroom Technology in the Second Annual Classroom Makeover Video Contest
Three teachers will win an interactive classroom makeoverDenton, Tex. (Sept., 15, 2008) – eInstruction, a premier global provider of interactive learning solutions, today announces the company’s second annual Interactive Classroom Makeover Contest.
eInstruction merged with Interwrite Learning® earlier this year (please find Also my previous post Serious Games Mirror A Merger: Content Meets Technology Sweepstakes), and is excited to continue the popular classroom makeover contest.
This year’s contest follows last year’s extremely popular Interwrite Makeover Contest™, which recognized teachers and students for their collaboration and use of technology in the classroom. Participants of this contest are asked to create a short music video demonstrating how classes currently use or would like to use technology to enhance instruction.
The contest is open to all primary and secondary teachers and students in the U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia . The contest is not limited to users of eInstruction or Interwrite Learning products.
Video submissions for the contest will begin at 12:00 PM EDT (16:00 GMT) on September 15, 2008 via the official contest website. The contest closes at 11:59 PM EDT (15:59 GMT) on October 24, 2008. Finalists will be announced on October 31, 2008 and winners will be announced on December 3, 2008.
Winners will be awarded a complete interactive classroom makeover, which consists of:
- Next Generation Interwrite® Board
- Next Generation Interwrite® Pad
The wireless Interwrite pad can be used with the Interwrite Board or completely on its own to teach from anywhere in the classroom
- Workspace- ExamView® Edition – This interactive software allows users to annotate, engage and enhance every lesson with animated tools and images. As the only classroom instruction tool that allows you to seamlessly integrate with the ExamView Assessment Suite, this powerful software is a must have in every classroom.
- CPS RF 32 Unit Student Response System
Students use a small handheld device to instantly answer questions. The IR (infrared) model is for multiple-choice questions. The RF (radio-frequency) response pad has the same features as the IR, and also allows students to answer more advanced math and science questions.
- ExamView® Assessment Suite – A complete toolset of three seamless applications that provides the means to build comprehensive tests with Test Generator, administer tests with Test Player and analyze results with Test Manager.
- ExamView® Learning Series – A collection of over 340,000 unique, high-quality questions specifically aligned to core curriculum. Learning Series works seamlessly with the ExamView Assessment Suite and Workspace.
- Dell™ Latitude™ E5400 Laptop - Designed to help simplify information technology by reducing cost, deployment time and maintenance, the newest Dell Latitude E5400 laptop delivers mobile computing with better flexibility and performance.
- Planet Earth Series DVD Set by Discovery Education - This award-winning Planet Earth series is an 11-part series that features in-depth looks at animal behaviors and startling views of various regions- ranging from the deep ocean to mountains - from across the globe.
- Study Island Subscription - Online standards-based learning programs designed specifically to help students master the skills and knowledge in each state’s unique set of standards.
- Inspiration® and InspireData™ Licenses*- Provided by Inspiration Software®, the program helps students in grades 6-12 develop essential learning strategies as they create graphic organizers to visually represent concepts and relationships. Also included is InspireData which lets students examine data and explore relationships that help to develop analytical skills and strengthen critical thinking skills. *Kidspiration will be provided to the K-5 winner.
- Server - Provided by Safari Montage® - The server will be pre-loaded with programs, fully segmented, from the finest educational video publishers in the world.
- netTrekker d.i. License - Provided by Thinkronize, netTrekker d.i. is the leading educational search tool in K-12 schools. It connects educators and students to more than 300,000 educator-selected resources – organized by grade and readability level and aligned with each state’s academic standards. Thinkronize is also including an hour-long Professional Development Webinar.
- Control System from Calypso Controls – The CB-1000 is a wall-mount button panel that offers eight programmable tactile buttons, useful for controlling projectors, DVD players and other audiovisual equipment.
- AVerVision CP300 Document Camera by AVerMedia® - The CP300 an interactive 3.2 mega pixel document camera with 16x total zoom and pan capability. It also features instant auto focus that delivers the utmost clarity of image in a second with one touch.
- One Day of Professional Development from Brewer Technology and Learning – One day of professional development will be provided to help teachers learn to effectively use the equipment as tools that enhance and accelerate the learning process.
- Free Installation from BMC – BMC certified installation experts will come to the school and install all of the components of the classroom makeover.
- Other prizes will include an LCD projector, sound system and $1,000 (USD) for other classroom technology. Plus, a party for the entire school.
The contest will name one winner from the following three grade level: Kindergarten through fifth; sixth through eighth; and ninth through 12. In addition, all participants who submit a video will receive a free copy of Workspace- ExamView Edition LE, and the 15 finalists will also receive a software package including our ExamView Assessment Suite, PuzzleView and Quiz Show, allowing winners to present content in a puzzle or game show format.
The video will be judged on the following criteria: demonstration of effective use of technology, collaboration between teachers and students and the overall creativity and spirit. The video must be submitted by a teacher.
A panel of judges will select five finalists in each category, and the videos will be posted on the contest website where the public can vote for their favorite.
eInstruction pioneered the first student response system for the education market during the 1980s. Its Classroom Performance System (CPS) provides instructors and students with real-time feedback on comprehension during instruction.
Today CPS remains the leading student response system in education, being used by millions of students, teachers and professors in 300,000 K-12 classrooms and at more than 1,300 higher education institutions worldwide.
In 2006, eInstruction acquired FSCreations and integrated its ExamView® and Learning Series content into CPS; so instructors can seamlessly use publisher and proprietary question banks in lesson plans, quizzes and tests with eInstruction technology. The result is an integrated system for instruction and assessment with real-time feedback.
In 2008, eInstruction joined forces with Interwrite Learning®, another premier global provider of interactive learning solutions to the primary, secondary and higher education markets. For media inquiries, please contact Christy Oberley at Dittoe PR at (317) 202-2280 ext 16.